THE PHILOSOPHY GOVERNING THIS FORUM

"O LORD Almighty, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth." Isaiah 37:16.
Eugene Shubert
Seventh-day Shubertian
Seventh-day Shubertian

THE PHILOSOPHY GOVERNING THIS FORUM

Post by Eugene Shubert » Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:46 pm

Here is a brief description of the basic principles that govern this forum.

We strongly oppose censorship.
“Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.” 2 Corinthians 3:17.

We strongly believe that clear and articulate differences of opinion have merit.
“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17.

We’re not like other bulletin boards. Virtually all theologically oriented forums promote a “herd” mentality and the ever so lovely “that we all may be one” agenda. They don’t say there’s a difference between the holy and profane. This forum will allow good and evil and will attempt to reveal the difference.
“Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane.” Ezekiel 22:26 KJV.

Consequently:

Everyone has the right to openly challenge the theology taught by this ministry and all the administrative decisions of the forum. We want to be fair and reasonable with everyone. We believe in being open because we love the truth and aren’t afraid of revealing our principles (John 3:19-21).

Eugene Shubert
Seventh-day Shubertian
Seventh-day Shubertian

Post by Eugene Shubert » Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:11 pm

The Midheaven forums are a sacred place that is used exclusively for teaching and investigating the special truths of this ministry. All posters who see the value of a certain idea are encouraged to contribute with helpful elaboration or sincere questions if they are interested. Contention is not allowed in Midheaven. Click here for clarification of that principle.

Eugene Shubert
Seventh-day Shubertian
Seventh-day Shubertian

Post by Eugene Shubert » Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:54 pm

The High Mountain forums are for sincere investigation, interview and respectful dialogue. Those who at least respect this ministry have the right to promote their issues there and to be spoken to with all the respect usually given to ambassadors, presidents and papal dignitaries. This ministry has the right to decide for itself which ideas and dignitaries are deserving of that high honor. It also has the right to decide what contributes to a thread and what does not.

Everyone understands that when Barbara Walters interviews the President, the point of the show isn’t Barbara Walters’ opinion of politics or world affairs.

To Seventh-day Adventists who wish to reply to a High Mountain thread but are too dull to understand my meaning, I offer these special instructions. When you’re there, just pretend that you’re a representative from the Seventh-day Adventist church and that you want to give a gold medallion to the pope.

Persons wanting to follow the official, approved SDA manner of genuflecting but need counseling on how to bow before popes and prelates (to render “proper” obeisance) should contact Dr. Bert B. Beach of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists for detailed instructions. :lol:

Eugene Shubert
Seventh-day Shubertian
Seventh-day Shubertian

Post by Eugene Shubert » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:47 pm

We want to discourage the dumping of vague, frivolous and pointless posts on this bulletin board so we've added another rule. Please don't post links unless you've attained a rating of 3 bullets to your name.

This rule originated from an actual notice that I had to send out.
Hi _____,

I thought that the point of your recent post was rather detached and jumbled so I moved it to the jail forum. Also, to encourage you to write valuable contributions that benefit others, I am temporarily suspending your privilege of showing off your web pages in your signature. This rule is meant to discourage posters from posting junk just so that they can promote their own web sites.

Thanks for understanding.
Quite obviously, we believe in promoting the sites of members who post helpful, quality commentary and elevating dialogue.

Eugene Shubert
Seventh-day Shubertian
Seventh-day Shubertian

Post by Eugene Shubert » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:52 am

The meaning of the bullets is this ministry's interpretation of the stated forum philosophy and user agreement. This bulletin board exists to exalt the messages and standards of true Seventh-day Adventism. It is all about edification. It is not a free-for-all. Officers in this ministry have four bullets to their name. They believe in the distinctive truths that this ministry teaches. Persons who post exceptionally kind, helpful, informative replies for the edification of others will have three bullets. Even friendly critics and otherwise informed persons opposed to this ministry's theology can have three bullets. See the posts by Eduardo Martínez Rancaño for example. Persons who detract from meaningful dialogue will have one bullet. Most new persons and typical posters who post on side issues will have two bullets. Ranks are not permanent. Everyone should aim at becoming a recognized teacher of this ministry, an edifying and helpful contributor, or a respected combatant.

tall73
ex-Seventh-day Adventist
ex-Seventh-day Adventist

Post by tall73 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:29 pm

Eugene,

Thanks for clarifying the administration policies in regards to ranks, etc. with this post. I think I had pretty much picked up on the nuances before, but this puts it all pretty plainly.

Eugene Shubert
Seventh-day Shubertian
Seventh-day Shubertian

Post by Eugene Shubert » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:47 pm

Originally called the Spirit of Prophecy
"He that is not with Me is against Me," Christ declares, "and he that gathereth not with Me scattereth abroad." God has given to every man his work. He expects every follower of His to exert an influence that will tell for the upbuilding of His kingdom. He who is not actively engaged in promoting love and unity and equity is exerting an influence that is opposed to Christ. —Ellen G. White, SpTB02, 44.
A message to my critics
Please try to understand the exalted character of Everything Important. I'm asking you to consider the elevating and truth-filled topics of the heavenly and high mountain forums. Now compare that with your own worthless comments that you post here. I see quite a difference.

I am able to tolerate a lot of evil at everythingimportant.org. Have a look in the bottomless pit and you will find many personal insults against me. And I do happily confess that I don't have much patience for bold lies and posts that fail to demonstrate even a minimum amount of intelligence. Bold lies and willful ignorance are a waste of my time.

I have a long history of trying to exalt the truth on Adventist forums where truth is continually being suppressed and deleted. Here is one recent example:

Revival Thwarted at RevivalSermons.org. Go to the live thread and you will see the comments by e.Shubee deleted! Find the last post by e.Shubee at revivalsermons.org and you will see what got me banned.

There will always be lowlifes that complain about their trash being deleted. They deserve to be banned. I repeat: I have been entrusted with many important messages. Those who can't even demonstrate any reasoning power against it or who are not willing to discuss its merits do not belong at everythingimportant.org.