Who is the 'Little Horn' of Daniel 8?

This forum is for the complaints that splinter groups present against the truth.

Who is the 'Little Horn' of Daniel 8?

Postby mannybr2003 » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:34 am

Florin Laiu wrote:I am sure you are right about Daniel 11:30 were LXX has ROMAIOI and Vulgate has ITALIA. However in the same time, KITTIIM was probably used in Death Sea Scrolls as a name for Romans.
I agree with D. Ford and R. Cottrell on the identity of the not-so-little horn of Daniel 8: Antiochus and Antichrist (type and antitype), the actual spiritual succession of those medieval monsters who profaned the true Sanctuary of Christianity. This kind of succession allows any other arrogant persecutor to be included in the line...

Here is what I found in:
John 11:48 If we let him thus alone, all [men] will believe on him: and the {Romans} shall come and take away both our place and nation.

I believe the period of 2300 begins according to the prophecy found in Daniel 8:9 during the little horns intrusion into the Pleasant Land. The little horn, which if 'he really be the Romans [here referred to as a nation, which earlier topled the greeks in Macedonia, then Greece proper, then spread into Turkey, Syria, the Pleasant Land and into Egypt, therefore becoming successors to the four main subdivisions of Greecian empire. It was that pagan Rome, that gave birth in the end to the papal Rome.

So based on this, I presume that even the apostle John believes the Romans to be fulfilling the prophecy or instruments that will cause the ceasing of the visual practice of worship, aside from that the Jews had helped them by crucifying Jesus, who was, like a humble sheep that voluntarily gave his life on the cross.

That sanctuary that had two apartments is said to be also our Lords body, in which the division was removed, and turned into one room UPON his death:

Hebrews 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the {veil}, that is to say, his flesh;

Ephesians 2: 14 For HE is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of {partition} [between us];

When Jesus died that veil, rent in two to remove the partition and therefore make no difference between the holy and the most holy:
Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the {veil} of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

So in conclusion, the 'bleeding time' wherein the Romans began to invade the Pleasant Land, then the daily sacrifice was taken away, and they finally succeeded in ending the rebellion of the Jews in A.D. 70 [or is it 60 yeas after?] was the earlier events when this 2300 period begun; and from thereon we can count forward to the end of time before Michael gathers his people, which is the time called in Daniel 12 as 'the ressurrection'. So if that is the point where the period of 2,300 years begins, we can count the years and find we have not arrived to the end of that period, in our present year of 2002.

So far, in my readings, I do not see that Chapter 9 of Daniel is in anyway related to Chapter 8 of Daniel. As I can see, Daniel 9 speaks only about the Jews restoration of Jerusalem, with God using the Medo Persian as an instrument [as bodyguards] to restore what Babylon had taken away from them, and who [Babylonians] also prevented them from practicing their daily/yearly sacrificial services. But that was not the point that the 2300 is referred to commence, because as Daniel 8 says, the taking away of the sacrificial system in that prophecy is to be executed by the Little Horn during its reign, and not in anyway because it was caused by Babylon.
"If you know better, then tell me more. If you're satisfied, I'd like to hear. Afterall, I'm not all knowing. I'm merely a student of this unfamiliar ocean of prophecy. "
mannybr2003
is under review
is under review

Re: Who is the 'Little Horn' of Daniel 8?

Postby Eugene Shubert » Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:20 am

Matthew 24:15, “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet” —with the parallel passage in Luke 21:20 — is enough to establish that the little horn is at least partly Roman. The challenge is in knowing how to integrate Christ’s interpretation of Daniel with those particulars in Daniel’s book that powerfully identifies the little horn to be a single person, like Antiochus Epiphanes, who appears on the scene at the latter end of a divided Greek kingdom.
Eugene Shubert
Millerite
Millerite

Who is the 'Little Horn' of Daniel 8

Postby mannybr2003 » Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:37 pm

Matthew 24:15, “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet” —with the parallel passage in Luke 21:20 — is enough to establish that the little horn is at least partly Roman. The challenge is in knowing how to integrate Christ’s interpretation of Daniel with those particulars in Daniel’s book that powerfully identifies the little horn to be a single person, like Antiochus Epiphanes, who appears on the scene at the latter end of a divided Greek kingdom.

I found this site that gives explanations to what you say is a challenge. I was just lucky to find them. I don't know who owns them. And I am confused about the final part of it, verse 40.
http://www.geocities.com/taanathshiloh/ ... iel11.html

And if the Antiochus Apiphanes was the first to desecrate the temple, and descouraged the sacrificial services in his time, which was quickly restored by the Macabees, then why is Jesus was still talking about it as if it is just about to happen? And can't it be his literal death which caused the veil to tear from top to bottom to signify the beginning of the 2,300, where we see that the daily sacrifice [Jesus] is taken away? And do we have to wait until the burning of Jerusalem by Titus, where again the Temple was burned, before this 2,300 period commence?

I wonder why it seems the U.S.A. is not included here, nor Russia, China, India and the future atomic powered Muslim countries which are not beginning to emerge with their own atomic plants, like Pakistan, Iran and Iraq. Egypt might finally join along with Saudi Arabia and Indonesia or Malaysia. I wonder what ideas you have that are relating these countries with end time prophecy. Please share some light to me.

Thank you.
"If you know better, then tell me more. If you're satisfied, I'd like to hear. Afterall, I'm not all knowing. I'm merely a student of this unfamiliar ocean of prophecy. "
mannybr2003
is under review
is under review

Postby Eugene Shubert » Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:58 am

Manny,

That site does not explain my view. The light I have to share on Daniel is given here.
Eugene Shubert
Millerite
Millerite

Daniel 8

Postby mannybr2003 » Wed Dec 25, 2002 8:42 pm

If you could help me get the story in graphical format, maybe I would be able to understand and I appreciate your great effort put into this research. Is there a way its application be shown thru a linear graph showing the dates or times when the events and characters were present? Thank you.
mannybr2003
is under review
is under review

Postby Eugene Shubert » Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:30 pm

Manny,

There is only one way to understand the prophetic drama. You must recognize the whole story. What part of my picturesque outline do you not understand?
Eugene Shubert
Millerite
Millerite

Re:

Postby Prophecy Countdown » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:07 am

I thought I would give you a very small part of what I think about the little horn. I have tried to keep it short.

Who is the little horn?
It is interesting to note that the little horn can cast down stars or angels to the ground.
Capitals used for emphasis only.

Daniel 7: 7. After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; AND IT HAD TEN HORNS.

Daniel 7: 8. I considered the HORNS, and, behold, there came up among them another LITTLE HORN, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

Daniel 8: 9. And out of one of them came forth A LITTLE HORN, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

Daniel 8: 10. And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and IT CAST DOWN some OF THE HOST AND OF THE STARS TO THE GROUND, and stamped upon them.

Please note that in Revelation 12 we have a repeat of that SAME FEAT, only this time we are told who is responsible and at what TIME and why.

Revelation 12: 3. And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads AND TEN HORNS, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4. And his tail drew the THIRD PART OF THE STARS OF HEAVEN, and did CAST THEM TO THE EARTH: and THE DRAGON stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

When I read verse 5 I have a confirmation of what time this occurred.
Rev 12: 5. And she brought forth A MAN CHILD, who was to rule all nations with a ROD OF IRON: and her child was caught up unto God, and to HIS THRONE.

To my way of study there is no way that the little horn could be none other than Satan. :devil!:

PC
Prophecy Countdown
is of the lowest rank
is of the lowest rank

Re: Re: God's word is found in the detail

Postby Prophecy Countdown » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:49 am

God’s word is found in the detail.
Please note that in Daniel 8: 13 the word Sacrifice has been added by the translators it was not there in the original Ancient Sea Scrolls. In the King James Version the word sacrifice is in italics indicating that it was in fact added.
‘It is about the ‘place of the daily. So I have taken the additional words away.

Daniel 8: 13. Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long the vision the daily, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14. And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

So we have the time SPAN for ‘the time of the end’ of ‘2300 ereb boqer’ the same words are used in Geneses chapter 1: and Gen 2: 1. Ereb 6153, boqer1242 for Creation WEEK, and we do not say Creation week was seven years because of the numbered words 6153 and 1242. Yet some suggest that the 2300 days are years?

6153 `ereb { eh’-reb}

from 6150; TWOT - 1689a; n m

AV - even 72, evening 47, night 4, mingled 2, people 2, eventide 2, eveningtide + 6256 2, Arabia 1, days 1, even + 996 1, evening + 3117 1, evening + 6256 1, eventide + 6256 1; 137

GK - 6847 { br,[,
1) evening, night, sunset
1a) evening, sunset
1b) night

1242 boqer { bo’-ker}

from 1239; TWOT - 274c; n m

AV - morning 190, morrow 7, day 3, days + 6153 1, early 3; 204

GK - 1331 { rq,Bo
} & 1332 { rq,Bo
1) morning, break of day
1a) morning
1a1) of end of night
1a2) of coming of daylight
1a3) of coming of sunrise
1a4) of beginning of day
1a5) of bright joy after night of distress (fig.)
1b) morrow, next day, next morning.

Six and a part years is all the time span at ‘the time of the end’ gets until God, says time no longer.

Daniel was then told by the angel Gabriel, that the time of the vision would be at THE TIME OF THE END and LAST END.
To make the point absolutely clear to Daniel of that TIME concerning the chezev/vision/s Gabriel came really close to him.

Daniel 8: 17. So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: FOR AT THE TIME OF THE END THE VISION.

Gabriel AGAIN makes the same point to Daniel about the when time.
18. Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright.

Daniel 8: 19. And he said, Behold, I will make thee know WHAT SHALL BE IN THE LAST END: for at THE TIME APPOINTED THE END.

So far we have a chezev that lasts for 2300 DAYS.

We have the TIME SLOT where the chezev/visions take place at THE TIME OF THE END AND LAST END APPOINTED

We also have the geographical location where the goat from the West fights the ram which is standing by the Ulai river ( Dan 8: 2.) This same river is now called the Karun river in Iran.

The goat comes from the West, does not touch the ground doing it and beats the ram (Dan 8: 5 – 8.

Daniel 8: 21. “And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.”
The first king meaning number one power leader.

The word for the rough GOAT numbered 3120 is called ‘Yavan which does not mean Greek. The translators somehow thought it meant Grecia.
So what peoples does the Bible say the goat ‘yavan’ represents?

The answer can be found in Gen 10: 3. “And the sons of JAVAN; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
Gen 10: 5. “BY THESE WERE THE ISLES OF THE GENTILES DIVIDED IN THEIR LANDS; every one after his tongue, after their families, IN THEIR NATIONS.”

Now when I am told that this was the battle of Alexander The Great and the Medo Persians in 331AD I have to disagree on biblical grounds.

You see the Battle in the vision is at the river Ulai but the battle with the Greeks and Medo/Persians in 331AD occurred on the Plains of Arbella, over 1000 miles away.
So the location in that particular interpretation is wrong biblically.

Next 331AD is far too early to fit the vision’s stipulated TIME OF THE END or APPOINTED LAST END within the 2300 ereb boqer time span.

Another thing is the TIME SPAN of the vision makes 331AD far too early and as a consequence makes the time span too lengthy to fit within the stipulated time span of 2300 days.

Please note that the smaller horn comes up first that is Iraq now we see Iran pushing.
The LION with EAGLE”S WINGS is the British and American alliance, they are dealing with Iraq the shorter horn that came up first on the ram then they will deal with Iran when the higher horn Iran, comes up next. Daniel 8: 3.

The rough Goat represents Westerners and the bear of Daniel 7: 5 is Russia. Then there is the leopard verse 6. I won’t know who that is until the time of the end begins which is in accordance with Daniel 12: 4.
The fourth beast is in what I call the overview Daniel 7: 7.

When the USA and Britain break up the alliance which will occur after dealing with Iran, the Lion will lose his eagle’s wings and in Daniel 7: 4 the lion will be given a man’s heart and made to stand like a man.

The four that rise up are the LION/UK, Bear/Russia, LEOPARD and a fallen angel that only gets 42 months of rule see Rev 13: 1 – 8.

Finally these powers will FORM UP, JOIN TOGETHER with the beast.

Rev 13: 1. And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2. And the beast which I saw was LIKE A LEOPARD, and his feet were as the FEET OF A BEAR, and his mouth as the MOUTH OF A LION: and the DRAGON gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. :shock:

3. And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
MORTAL WOUNDS do not heal on humans.

The Lord is speaking to more than one person below.
Gen 3: 15. And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
See Gen 3: 16.

There is so much more fine detail that I have had to leave out for reasons of space and time. I will have to leave it for a while.

PC :army:
Prophecy Countdown
is of the lowest rank
is of the lowest rank

Postby Prophecy Countdown » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:55 am

It is Satan that wants to sit in the Sanctuary at the time of the end. :anger:

Isaiah 14: 12. “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I WILL SIT UPON THE MOUNT OF THE CONGREGATION, IN THE SIDES OF THE NORTH: 14. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST HIGH.”

Psalm 48: 2. Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is MOUNT ZION, on THE SIDES OF THE NORTH, the CITY of the great King.

Now for the TIMING of this event.
Revelation 12: 7 – 17.
Rev 12: 7. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Revelation 12: 8. And prevailed not; NEITHER WAS THEIR PLACE FOUND ANYMORE IN HEAVEN.

Revelation 12: 9. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the DEVIL, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out INTO THE EARTH, and HIS ANGELS WERE CAST OUT WITH HIM.

10. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12. Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because HE KNOWETH THAT HE HATH BUT A SHORT TIME.

13. And when the DRAGON saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man.

14. And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that SHE MIGHT FLY INTO THE WILDERNESS, into her place, where she is nourished for a TIME, AND TIMES, AND HALF A TIME, FROM THE FACE OF THE SERPENT.

TIME equals 1. TIMES equals 2. AND HALF A TIME equals ½ which equals 3 ½ years.

Only the wise will understand this but certainly not the wicked.

Daniel 12: 10. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Some of God’s people will get through the 1335 days and receive the promised blessing.
Rev 19: And he saith unto me, Write, BLESSED are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

The word sacrifice has been added and that’s why it’s in italics in the K J version
It should read ‘the place of the daily’ which is also called ‘the outer court.’

Daniel 12: 11. “And from the time the daily shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, a thousand two hundred and ninety DAYS.”

Let me make the point using Revelation 11 showing ‘the place of the daily’ which is also called the ‘outer court’ WHICH is given over to the GENTILES for 42 MONTHS remember ‘Yavan’ translated incorrectly as ‘Grecia’ yet it should be Gentile nations. See Gen 10: 4 – 5 also named as the rough goat in Daniel 8: 21, he attacks the ram in Dan 8: 5 – 8 in my previous post?

Revelation 11: “But THE OUTER COURT which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for IT IS GIVEN UNTO THE GENTILES: and THE HOLYU CITY shall they tread under foot FORTY TWO MONTHS.”
That’s about 3 and a half years.

AT WHAT TIME IS ALL THIS GOING DOWN?
The two witnesses, witness for 1260 DAYS see Rev 11: 2.
That’s about 3 and a part years.

Please note that after this short time the two are killed in the midst of the week 3 ½ days later raised at TRUMPET 7 being the LAST TRUMP!

Satan murders them at the end of the 1260 DAYS.
Rev 11: 7. And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8. “And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.”
That’s Jerusalem.

This midst of the LAST WEEK is the SAME LAST WEEK in Daniel 9: 27. And he shall confirm the covenant with many FOR ONE WEEK: and IN THE MIDST OF THE WEEK he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and FOR THE OVERSPREADING OF ABOMINATION he shall make it desolate, even UNTIL THE CONSUMATION, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Revelation 11: 9. And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies THREE AND A HALF DAYS, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11: 12. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

THIS IS THE TIME at the last trumpet that ushers in 1 Corinthians 15: 51. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, AT THE LAST TRUMP: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56. The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Rev 11: 15. And THE SEVENTH ANGEL SOUNDED; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The KINGDOMS OF THIS WORLD ARE BECOME OF OUR LORD, and OF HIS CHRIST; and he shall REIGN for ever and ever.

That should be clear that God, reigns at trumpet seven which ushers in the previously quoted verses of 1 Corinthians 15: 51 – 57.

How long has the beast with the mortal wound have any authority for? To answer that, we must see how long Satan, can give him.

Rev 13: 4. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5. And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him TO CONTINUE FORTY TWO MONTHS.

6. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and HIS TABERNACLE, and them that dwell in heaven.

7. And it was given unto him to make WAR WITH THE SAINTS, and to overcome them: and power was given him over ALL KINDREDS, and TONGUES, and NATIONS.
8. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

All these specific times fit within the 2300 ereb boqer.

Daniel 12: 12. “Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days:”
That’s about 3 and a part years.

Daniel 12: 13. But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in THY LOT AT THE END OF THE DAYS.

Now back to Revelation
Revelation 12: And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17. And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND HAVE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST.

May I say that I do claim the absolute right to be wrong, because the book of Daniel is still sealed, but we are running out of time.
This is not about Catholics or Protestants it is about sin and righteousness based on the truth which is what sayeth the Bible.

There are far too many that want to stand between the Bible’s words to the repentant reader.

How is it that within Revelation I see words being changed from ‘days’ into ‘years’ to suit preconceived ideas without even a second glance at Revelation 22: 17, 18, 19?

Revelation 22: 17. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Prophecy Countdown
is of the lowest rank
is of the lowest rank

Postby Prophecy Countdown » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:19 am

I believe that the 70 weeks of Daniel 9 are for the near future and are there to explain Daniel 8: which mentions the 2300 ereb boqer so I am well within the subject matter of this thread.
The 70 weeks I believe have nothing to do with the decree by king Cyrus.
Here are my reasons for saying so. :cool:

THE DECREE
Ezra 5: 13. But in the first year of Cyrus the king of Babylon the same king Cyrus made a decree to BUILD THIS HOUSE OF GOD.

PART OF THE SPECIFICATION.
Ezra 6: 3. In the first year of Cyrus the king the same Cyrus the king made a decree concerning THE HOUSE OF GOD at Jerusalem, Let the HOUSE BE REBUILDED, the PLACE where they offered sacrifices, and let the foundations thereof be strongly laid; the height thereof threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof threescore cubits;

4. With three rows of great stones, and a row of new timber: and let the expenses be given out of the king’s house:

5. And also let the golden and silver vessels of the HOUSE OF GOD, which Nebuchadnezzar took forth out of the temple which is at Jerusalem, and brought unto Babylon, be restored, and brought again unto THE TEMPLE which is at Jerusalem, every one to his place, and place them in the HOUSE OF GOD.

Now let’s have a look at Daniel 9: 25.

Daniel 9: 25. Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of THE COMMANDMENT TO RESTORE AND TO BUILD JERUSALEM unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: THE STREET SHALL BE BUILT AGAIN, and the wall, even in TROUBLOUS TIMES.

Ezra 5: 13. in part says. “CYRUS MADE A DECREE TO BUILD THIS HOUSE OF GOD.”

Daniel 9: 25 in part says. “THE COMMANDMENT TO RESTORE AND TO BUILD JERUSALEM.”
Both are entirely different and not connected and here’s why I say that.
In Daniel 8: we are told in verse 13 that the span of the vision is 2300 ereb boqer or six and a part years.
We ar also told in verses 17 and 19 at what time the vision is concerned with. Time of the end and last end etc.

Daniel 8: 13. Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
14. And he said unto me, Unto TWO THOUSAND AND THREE HUNDRED DAYS; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 8: 17. So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, UNDERSTAND, O SON OF MAN: FOR AT THE TIME OF THE END shall be THE VISION.

Daniel 8: 19. And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the LAST END of the indignation: for AT THE TIME APPOINTED THE END shall be.

Daniel said the following after he saw the vision and heard the explanation of it.

Daniel 8: 27. And I Daniel fainted, and was sick certain days; afterward I rose up, and did the king’s business; and I WAS ASTONISHED AT THE VISION, BUT NONE UNDERSTOOD IT.

During Daniel’s supplication to God, on behalf of his people, the angel Gabriel appeared in Daniel 9: 21.
Now ask yourselves what was the angel going to explain to Daniel?
He was going to give him understanding of the vision, you know the one.
The one that is only 2300 days long and is for THE TIME OF THE END and LAST END.

Daniel 9: 21. Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

22.And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I AM NOW COME FORTH TO GIVE THEE SKILL AND UNDERSTANDING.

23. At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I AM COME TO SHEW thee; for thou art greatly beloved: THEREFORE UNDERSTAND THE MATTER, AND CONSIDER THE VISION.

So if the explanation of the vision concerned with THE TIME OF THE END and LAST END, then the explanation of it using the seventy weeks places those seventy weeks within the VERY SAME TIME AS THE VISION OF Daniel 8 does it not?

The explanation begins in verse 24 using the seventy weeks.

Daniel 9: 24. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

25. Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to RESTORE AND TO BUILD unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and UNTO THE END OF THE WAR AND DESOLATIONS ARE DETERMINED.

27. And HE SHALL CONFIRM THE COVENANT WITH MANY FOR ONE WEEK: and IN THE MIDST OF THE HE SHALL CAUSE THE SACRIFICE AND THE OBLATION TO CEASE, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even UNTIL THE CONSUMATION, and THAT DETERMINED shall be poured upon the desolate.

So what do we have thus far?
A decree to ‘build the house of God’ during the Medo/Persian empire in Ezra 5: 13.
Another entirely different commandment in Daniel 9: 25 concerning the explanation of a vision in Daniel 8 concerned with THE TIME OF THE END AND LAST END to RESTORE JERUSALEM.

We have looked earlier at the SAME last week and the midst of that same last week in Rev 2 concerning the two witnesses where Satan kills the two of them in the middle of that same last week until the seventh trumpet is blown ushering in the resurrection of life.

Prophecy Countdown
is of the lowest rank
is of the lowest rank

Postby Prophecy Countdown » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:59 am

[A COMMENTARY ON DANIEL TWO & SEVEN

Quote " (3) The terrestrial kingdom of God comes in the days of the ten kings. This is exactly what Dan 2:44 says. So immediately at the fall of the fourth beast, the last dominant world power, “the sovereignty, the dominion, and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven are given over to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and ‘all the peoples, nations, and men of every language’ and all the dominions serve and obey Him” (Dan 7:14,27). We see in the more detailed prediction of chapter 7 (vss. 11&12) that it is only the oppressive fourth beast that comes to an immediate end. The other nations it has dominated are granted an extension of life so that they may serve the One like the son of man and His holy ones until the new kingdom, in its expansion, would completely cover the earth." Unquote.

I can’t agree with this statement quote. “The other nations it has dominated are granted an extension of life so that they may serve the One like the son of man and His holy ones until the new kingdom, in its expansion, would completely cover the earth.” Unquote. :lol:

This is not biblical, it is a construct. ´so that they may serve the One like the son of man’ Unquote.

Daniel 7: 11. I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
Daniel 7: 12. As concerning the rest of the beasts, THEY HAD THEIR DOMINION TAKEN AWAY: YET THEIR LIVES WERE PROLONGED FOR A SEASON AND TIME.
Their lives are to be prolonged for their own slaughter.

Here is my biblical evidence as to what happens to the LION, BEAR, LEOPARD, after the FOURTH BEAST, WITH THE MORTAL WOUND is killed along with the FALSE PROPHET.

The promise.
Daniel 12: 12. BLESSED he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

The gift.
Revelation 19: 1 to 10. God’s people celebrate the wedding supper and given their promised blessing in verse 9.

Rev 19: 9. “And he saith unto me, Write, BLESSED are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.”
Rev 19: 10. And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I AM THY FELLOW SERVANT, and of thy BRETHREN that HAVE the TESTIMONY OF JESUS: worship God: for the TESTIMONY OF JESUS IS THE SPIRIT OF PROPHECY.

Rev 19: 11. And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon HIM called Faithful and True, and in righteousness HE DOTH JUDGE AND MAKE WAR.
Rev 19: 13. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17. And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18.That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Rev 19: 19. And I SAW THE BEAST, and THE KINGS OF THE EARTH, and THEIR ARMIES, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Rev 19: 20. And THE BEAST WAS TAKEN, and with him the FALSE PROPHET that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev 19: 21. And the REMNANT WERE SLAIN WITH THE SWORD OF HIM that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Key verses.

Daniel 7: 11. I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even TILL THE BEAST WAS SLAIN, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Daniel 7: 12. As concerning the rest of the beasts, THEY HAD THEIR DOMINION TAKEN AWAY: YET THEIR LIVES WERE PROLONGED FOR A SEASON AND TIME.

Their lives are to be prolonged until after the wedding for their own slaughter.

Rev 19: 20. And THE BEAST WAS TAKEN, and with him the FALSE PROPHET that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev 19: 21. And the REMNANT WERE SLAIN WITH THE SWORD OF HIM that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and ALL THE FOWLS ARE FILLED WITH THEIR FLESH.

The LION, BEAR, LEOPARD N will join together with the beast with the mortal wound, this is why they are to be put to the sword.

Rev 13: 1. And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a BEAST rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2And the beast which I saw was like unto a LEOPARD, and his FEET were as of a BEAR, and his mouth as the MOUTH of a LION: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Prophecy Countdown
is of the lowest rank
is of the lowest rank

Return to Subtle Misunderstanding