The Close of Probation on the Church first

The angels may be concerned about your ability to soar.

The Close of Probation on the Church first

Postby esther3am » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:03 pm

From what I learned and study I have come to an understood that there would be a close of probation for the church first. That the test would be weather we keep Sabbath or Sunday.

Large Numbers Accept the Truth.--The time of God's destructive judgments is the time of mercy for those who have no opportunity to learn what is truth. Tenderly will the Lord look upon them. His heart of mercy is touched; His hand is still stretched out to save, while the door is closed to those who would not enter. Large numbers will be admitted who in these last days hear the truth for the first time (RH July 5, 1906). {7BC 979.3}

My problem is some people are saying that there is only one probation and that Michael only stands up once. which I understand also being that that's the probation for the world. If I'm getting this all wrong please explain how and also clarify the quote above. But if you do understand my position can you give in idea on why they would say that there isnt a probation for the church first.
esther3am
Seventh-day Adventist
Seventh-day Adventist

Before The Close of Probation

Postby Eugene Shubert » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:18 am

"There are many with whom the Spirit of God is striving. The time of God's destructive judgments is the time of mercy for those who have no opportunity to learn what is truth. Tenderly will the Lord look upon them. His heart of mercy is touched; his hand is still stretched out to save, while the door is closed to those who would not enter. Large numbers will be admitted who in these last days hear the truth for the first time." {RH, July 5, 1906 par. 35}

esther3am wrote: If I'm getting this all wrong please explain how and also clarify the quote above.

Hi esther,

I think that part of the problem is that you're not looking at the precise meaning of Ellen White's writings. I believe that Ellen White always referred to the close of probation as the event associated with Christ ceasing His High Priestly intercession in the Heavenly Sanctuary. That only happens once.

However, I agree with you that the door of salvation will be forever closed in a big way against many Seventh-day Adventists before the official "close of probation."

Ellen White wrote:

"Here we see that the church—the Lord’s sanctuary—was the first to feel the stroke of the wrath of God. The ancient men, those to whom God had given great light and who had stood as guardians of the spiritual interests of the people, had betrayed their trust. They had taken the position that we need not look for miracles and the marked manifestation of God’s power as in former days. Times have changed. These words strengthen their unbelief, and they say: The Lord will not do good, neither will He do evil. He is too merciful to visit His people in judgment. Thus ‘Peace and safety’ is the cry from men who will never again lift up their voice like a trumpet to show God’s people their transgressions and the house of Jacob their sins. These dumb dogs that would not bark are the ones who feel the just vengeance of an offended God. Men, maidens, and little children all perish together." 5T 211.

I strongly urge you to read the whole section containing that quote. It is titled The Seal of God and you will find it in Volume 5 of the Testimonies. It is very powerful.
Eugene Shubert
Millerite
Millerite

Re: The Close of Probation on the Church first

Postby lonna » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:11 pm

Based on scripture there are two ends. Probations closes first for the church then for the world.

1 Peter 4:17 says, "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God [church]; and if it first begin at us [believers], what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel [those in the world] of God?" 1 Corin. 10: 11 "Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends [plural] of the world are come.

According to scripture, as stated above, there is a first judgment [the first "end"] to purify the church and thereby bring forth those [144,000 first fruits] that will go out to bring in those in the world [second fruits]--then the second judgment [the second end] takes place. Where there is a "first" there is a second. So both the church and the world have a probation which closes for each and then each has their judgment.
lonna
is under review
is under review

Postby DMJ » Mon May 10, 2010 3:02 pm

I agree with the close of probation for sdas first, and then for the world. I am only 19 years old and I can see that clearly through the Word of God and Spirit of Prophecy. It is shown in the parable of the 10 virgins as well as the Spirit of Prophecy.
DMJ
Seventh-day Adventist
Seventh-day Adventist

Postby lonna » Tue May 11, 2010 11:12 pm

I am happy that you have allowed the Spirit of Truth to convict you of truth. Thank you for your reply.
lonna
is under review
is under review

Return to Theologians in Training